Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School 2009


We started school last Tuesday at Coram Deo Academy. This is our 2nd year to attend this school and while the academics are rigorous, the spirit and heart of the school is so wonderful! It was so fun to see whole families in the hallways snapping pictures and baby brothers hugging big brothers goodbye for the day.

This year is Sarah's first year to attend school. She started 1st grade and so far absolutely loves it although she says it is really easy. Sarah is my 5 year old who reads like a woman! So even though sounding out "no" and "on" are not really fun for her she loves being there. Joseph is in 4th grade this year and Hannah is in 6th. So far both have seemed to adjust well and are having fun seeing friends from last year.

I can't believe how fast time goes. It seems like just yesterday I was homeschooling my little 4 and 2 year old. It makes me feel all happy and sad at the same time! Watching them grow into awesome young women and men is amazing and yet I still want them to be little enough that I can rock them and snuggle their cute chubbiness. Oh, Lord I pray that you would help me to remember special moments with each one of them. Etch them in my memory forever.....











4 comments:

The Durham's said...

Hey, Nicole, this is Stacy Durham and I am blog stalking you:) I just love these pictures and LOVE your heart! What an absolutely precious family you have:) Bless you guys richly and abundandtly!

Melissa Terry said...

Okay, so my favorite thing is that Sarah still looks little. Joseph looks so GROWN UP! Hannah just looks like you...your little twin.

I am so excited another year has started and I am praying for grace every step of the way!

Love you!

Walking on High Hills said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lea Wethington said...

Hi Nicole!
Thanks for your sweet note on my blog:) I added your blog to my friend list so I could keep up with your family. Looking forward to the next time I get to spend time with you:)
Lea