Monday, October 8, 2007

School Days

It has been a while since I last posted so here goes a little update!! We are busy, busy, busy with school right now. Hannah is in the 4th grade and Joseph is in the 2nd. They are at such a great age and we are learning some really fun things this year...American History happens to be my personal favorite!! Sarah (4 on Saturday) has been begging me to teach her to read for the past year and so we have started. She is so very excited and when she reads a word she claps and smiles so big! I love watching her little face light up and I love getting to be the one that is right there with her as she learns. Rebekah (2 1/2)does some coloring, reading and most of the time tries to do everything the older ones are doing. John (16 mo) eats crayons, climbs on everything and begs to go outside. This semester we have Katie living with us as our total God-send-nanny!! She is wonderful and helps me so much!! When the little ones get too busy, she takes them outside or plays with them so I can have great one on one time with the big kids. Not only is she wonderful with the kids but....she LOVES to cook!! I am so thankful to John for allowing me to have her and for Katie for being a great friend and helper!
I so enjoy getting to be with the kids all during the day and can't imagine not having all 5 at home. Don't get me wrong....there are times when -WOW- I really need a break and take great pleasure in a trip alone to Wal Mart!! However, I do feel honored and extremely blessed to get to stay at home and be a mommy, teacher and friend! Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks:


2 comments:

Melissa Terry said...

I just hope I love mine as much as I do yours :)

js said...

I love your slideshow! You're little ones are soooo darn cute. I wish I knew them better. Maybe when you move closer. Lover you.