Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Husbands and Prayers

John truly is an incredible husband, but I do know that Jesus is the only perfect husband a girl can have!! I believe Jesus wants to reiterate the very fact that He is my husband FIRST and that He is my very present help in times of trouble. I always think that I have this down until….John leaves!!

My "earthly"husband is an amazing guy. Not only is he a wonderful, totally-takes-care-of-me, romantic husband but he is also one of the best daddy’s that I have ever seen. He always puts us first and when he is here, he is all the way here. Not a checked-out-watching-TV kind of dad but totally involved in ALL aspects of our kids lives. He changes poop diapers, bathes kids, plays with them, trains them and does WHOLE nighttime process for me!! I mean it when I say, “What would I do without him??” He even keeps my gas tank full all the time!! I don’t even know when he does it!!


SO….when he is gone, I feel it in a big way!! Things always seem to go amiss.
For example, the only two times I have ever been in the ER (Sarah's first two asthma attacks) was when John was out of town. I know that is the extreme example, but it seems like we are always a little off when daddy’s gone.
This week was no different. He was sent unexpectedly to Wyoming on Tuesday through Friday. Well, a few weeks ago Sarah (almost 4) hurt her pinky while she was climbing on our wood pile. We had an ER nurse friend look at it and she said to tape it and watch it. We did and yesterday we found out that it healed…BROKEN! I am taking Sarah to Scottish Rite hospital in downtown Dallas for an appt and possible surgery. First, I HATE driving in downtown Dallas! Second, hello….I hate doing this kind of stuff without my man!

So I am asking for prayers! Please pray that:
I have a sound mind and am safe as I drive downtown-and through construction to top it off
The docs have wisdom for what is best for Sarah’s pinky
IF we have surgery please pray for safety, peace over little Sarah, and proper healing for her finger.
Pray over the anesthesia- I am trying to be ok with them putting her under.
John makes it home safely...he is planning on arriving at midnight Thursday.




I know Jesus is my ultimate help-that HE has this all under control. I am forever thankful for Him and love Him so much!! I just hate that it takes things like this to remind me sometimes.
Lord, help me to live in such an intimate place with you that I don’t feel alone and needy when my earthly husband is gone.

Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your Husband — the Lord of hosts is His name — and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; the God of the whole earth He is called.


PS This was the icing on the cake this morning. I will just leave a picture and say after much scrubbing it came out!!

5 comments:

The Brodines said...

Oh Nicole...know that I am praying for you right at this moment. Matty is also out of town and I have been so sick lately so I understand how you feel. I love you! Give us a praise report when you get back :)

Leah said...

You can make it! I hope your trip went well. Ken travels quite a bit and it always seems things go crazy when he leaves. But, you are right and God is your ultimate Helper and no one else can match Him, not even great husbands.

js said...

Sarah is sooo pretty. We'll be praying for her finger. We need to get together! Call me when life slows down.

Beth said...

Wow! Feeling your pain. So sorry, my friend.

I guess it has actually been a week since you posted this . . . hope things are going better now. : )

Anonymous said...

Isn't God good to have provided all that you needed last week AND to have brought John home early to surprise you at Scottish Rite! :) And you got to see me... what more could God do? Just kidding :) BUt I wanted to shout His praises for supplying everything you need and for giving you the faith to belive Him for your family :) Love ya mom!!! - Enna