Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Guess What I Found...

The other night while Hannah and I were doing dishes, John walks in with a silly grin.
Our conversation went something like this:

John: “If you can guess what I found in John Alexander’s diaper I will give you twenty bucks. I have NEVER seen this before in 9 years of changing diapers.”

Nicole: “A penny?”

Hannah: “A grape?”

Nicole: “A bean,…a quarter?”

Hannah “A crayon!”

John just sat there shaking his head at every random answer we threw his way! He finally smiled and showed us this:

A SOCK?! Now soaked and a little discolored. Apparently when I asked one of the kids to change the baby’s diaper…this wound up inside! Oh the adventures of parenting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's 'stinkin' hillarious!

Michawn said...

This is hilarious, I agree. But, I have to confess that my main thought when I read this was 'oh, how nice it will be when Grady and Hadley are old enough to change diapers for me.' :) I probably won't even mind a sock or two mixed in. So...who was the culprit...how did it happen, or does it remain a mystery? Such a fun story.

Oh, also at first I didn't see the white part of the sock...it just blended in with the diaper. I looked at the picture before I had read the end of the story. Therefore, I was like, 'oh my gosh...what is that a picture of?' :)

js said...

The question is....where is the other sock???
Love you! I'll call you today.