Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

I was completely blessed this Mother's Day with pampering at a spa, gifts, beautiful home made cards, and delicious breakfasts.  My husband and kids went above and beyond and actually turned Mother's Day into a Mother's Weekend!!  I loved the gifts and time at the spa but my favorite moment of the weekend happened at church.  Pastor Robert had all the Moms stand up so he could pray over us.  As I bowed my head, I look down to see my husband's strong, faithful hand rest on me and then 5 pairs of little hands that followed. This was the gift of all gifts. I pray it will be etched in my memory forever.  It was the most precious "picture" of God's love for me and the grace He has poured out upon my life.  I was so overwhelmed with thankfulness. I am the least deserving of all He has blessed me with. Yet even when I was unfaithful to Him, He was faithful and had a plan for my life.  A plan so precious and full. So unbelievably rich and fulfilling.  When I think of the mercy that He has shown me, I am truly overwhelmed.  I am a sinner saved by His amazing grace.  Thank you Lord for a wonderful family and for an unforgettable Mother's Day.

1 Cor 2:9  However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"



My gift table: a plastic squirrel, a frog, a frame, a silver bracelet with an anchor charm, a candle  some nail files and ribbon, a gift certificate and a beautiful soap dish and memo thingy!
Opening my adorable cards
Bubble extravaganza...who knew this would entertain 5 kids ages 11 to 2 for hours...literally!










5 comments:

Jenifer Davidson said...

Glad you enjoyed your day! You are a great mommy!

js said...

You are such a great mom, I am glad you were blessed on your special day. Love you and your beautiful sweet kiddos!

Melissa Terry said...

Your children rise up and call you BLESSED! We are blessed to have such an amazing mom! So glad you had a great weekend...

Love you!

Meli & Izey :)

The Brodines said...

How precious, Nicole! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I am SO glad! I love you and your family so much!

Melinda said...

Nicole,

This is going to sound really random, but we've visited each others' blogs before, and we met briefly in San Antonio. I have recently moved to Ft. Worth, and was just perusing church web sites, when I happened across a "pink" video on Gateway's site. Your face came up and I thought..."Hey, I know her!" :o)

I looked through the Siesta Spotlights until I found yours and sure enough, you had Gateway listed as your church! I wish it was a little closer for us, as I've had it recommended a few times.

I'm actually contacting you now to see if you are going to do the Siesta Summer Bible Study, and if so, if you would like to join me and another Siesta from Irving to do it. I'm originally from Plano, but Ft. Worth area is new to me - I'm trying to reach out and get to know some new girls.

If you're already in a group or doing something else, no problem...just wanted to ask and say hello! Sorry to be so long-winded!

You can reach me at travelroadhome at aol dot com.

Blessings,
Melinda