Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Love My Job!


This last week has been such a sweet reminder of how much I love being a stay at home mom. By the grace of God, all the laundry is done and put away, my house is clean, and my kids are at peace. We have stayed on top of school and have even worked ahead. I enjoyed a little girl date with Sarah and Rebekah and then all 6 of us(dad had to work) had a mid week trip to the park with snow cones.

My only wish is that every week would be like this! :) There are certainly times when there are mounds of laundry, toys everywhere, and stress because it is 9 and we are still writing a research paper!

But not this week. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for my calling...to be a wife and a mom. I desire nothing else. Big salary checks, traveling the world, awards & recognition is nothing compared to holding chubby little hands or hearing my kids say they love me. These busy times of potty training, home schooling, hearing "Will you please come wipe me?" at least 7 times a day, and never ending "quick pick ups" will be over all too soon. I pray that I would not wish all the "work" away but that I would cherish every moment...even when it is hard.

Lord, my heart is literally bursting with gratefulness. Thank you for blessing me with my precious family. You are so patient with me and I love that You "gently lead those who are with young." Isaiah 40:11

Our date after ballet: Quiznos, Carvel Ice Cream, playing by the fountains


Fun at the Park:









Snow Cones and the Gum Fiasco:


Ladybug Craft:




John and Joseph were on a boy date and I woke up to this! I could not move....but I loved it! :)

4 comments:

The Brodines said...

I love your post today, Nicole. My week has been opposite of yours ;) It has been hard to say the least...crying out to our Lord constantly. I am so glad He is patient with us and so very gentle.

We are in the process of selling our home and showing it while I keep up with my two busy little girls. I keep asking the Lord to give me grace through all of this so that He will be glorified. I have had to stop so many times to ask for His forgiveness. Your post was refreshing...I do love being a stay-home mom. Like you say, there is NOTHING more rewarding and fulfilling. I love you and your family!!!

I was praying for your sweet Hannah yesterday as I was praying for my Rebekah. You guys are in my prayers. Love you much!

The Brodines said...

Also...I am so happy that you had such a great week! I Praise Him for that!

The Brodines said...

One more thing...you are a wonderful mother!!! I love the picture of you on the bed with your kiddos...precious!

Melissa Terry said...

Mom, you do such a wonderful job with all your kiddos! You are a wonderful example of what God has called all mothers to be. You said it so well...

Thank you for driving and making arrangements to be there Friday! You are the BEST!

Love you!