Monday, July 14, 2008

Sundays

Our new church home, Gateway, gives us 10 different service times to choose from and two locations. We have really enjoyed trying out most of the services but have settled on Saturday at 5:45. In doing this we attend church, have dinner and then end our night with a Shabbat- the"Graves" version of the Jewish Sabbath/communion celebration. We enter Sunday as a full day of rest including time with family and time with the Lord. This has worked wonderfully for our family because we truly feel like we get to rest. In the past our Sundays were fast and furious with our 5 small children. We are not legalistic about it, but now we do try to cease from our "regular work" and remember and observe His faithfulness. "This is what the LORD commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD. Exo 16:23

Here are a few pictures from the last 2 Sundays:

Family worship with the new Gateway DVD! We had a blast..from dancing and praising to some deep worship! It was awesome!



Last Sunday evening the weather was just beautiful so Hannah grabbed her Bible, devo and a towel. We all shortly followed her... she is such a great example! I thank God that my kids love to read their Bible-even little John!

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. " Deut. 6:4-9


FYI-Umm...yea...not too sure why my two little girls have their shirts off in both sets of these pics. It is not common practice around here for the ladies!! ;) They just say that sometimes the shirts make them sweaty! I guess this was one of those days!!

7 comments:

Michawn said...

Awesome...

#1 - Is Rebekah praising Jesus for her spanker? :)

#2 - I stinkin' LOVE everything about that house that God gave you, including the big screen. So coolio. It's like you are really there at a live praise and worship service.

#3 - Please...let the little girls go topless as long as they can. So cute.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Unknown said...

Abigail is all about topless nowadays too, preferably bottomless too. I don't even have hot weather to blame it on, it's cooler here in the summer. It's an all out wresteling match to get the girl dressed!

Can I ask what devo's your kids do? Are they books you bought for them, or just the way the study?

js said...

Sweet precious family! Miss you all.

Nicole said...

Yes Michawn...she is! HA...I didnt even think it was odd to that she would be singing with it! :) My kids love the happy sticks!

Our home is waiting for Joel, you and all your chillrren! Can't wait! Love you too....

Walking on High Hills said...

Nicole,

You beautiful lady! You still look so good! I broke out in tears when I saw your comment! I praise Jesus for His work in both of our lives! I'm so glad that you let me know you are out there and doing wonderfully.

4 little ones! Wow MOM! My oldest is 10 too!

I'll be looking for you!

Love in Him, Tabitha

Walking on High Hills said...

I'm So Sorry YOU HAVE 5!!! I just don't know how to count!

Tab

Walking on High Hills said...

OK, That sounded bad, like I was sorry that you had 5. You know what I mean... I'm sorry that I said you had 4 and didn't count your numbers right in your photo..OK, feeling ditzy right now!
OH well, You know what I mean!

Tabitha