Tuesday, June 17, 2008

God Is A Special Man


The other morning a sweet voice drifted downstairs as we were enjoying our Saturday together as a family. John and I both stopped what we were doing to figure out who it was. We smirked as we heard Rebekah (3) singing over and over "God is a special man, God is a special man, God is a special man." It was not being sung to any particular tune but she was singing her heart out. She walked down the stairs with a huge smile as she continued with her song. It blessed me so much and I know blessed my God! Even with the off notes and unreconizable tune, her love for Him poured out and affected all of us that morning.
God I pray that my heart and love for you would overflow and affect the world around me. I am so amazed by You, my God and my Redeemer. Thank you for loving me, for radically changing me and for giving me a husband and children who can't get enough of you. Thank you for being my Father. You are a "special man!"
Your Grateful Daughter,
Nicole

1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

5 comments:

js said...

Our God is a special man, she's right. That's so sweet! Can't wait to talk again. Lets pick a date soon to meet. Love you and your darling family.

Laura Jo said...

that's a great song. it could be a hit if you let joseph add a lil' beatbox to it. good blog.

i figure 1 blog per year is enough to keep my blogspot up and running. this years has been posted. enjoy.

Natasha said...

That is so cute! You know this is probably how Mariah started...although we would prefer she had stayed gospel, oh well.

Melissa Terry said...

You know I taught her that song ;) I love my little Becilla!!

Sarah Martin said...

I just happened upon your blog from the LPM blog and am totally blessed by this post! After just giving birth to a 3 week old boy-life is really hard right now. My husband and I keep our prayers focused around or job of teaching the baby about Jesus. I love to hear stories about kids who have parents who do just that. Praise the Lord!