Monday, June 2, 2008

Changes- March pt. 2

If you are just checking in, I am doing a re-cap since we have moved to Dallas. So... I am going back to catch up! The second part of March was so special. My Mom (a.k.a Mimi) came to visit us in our new home. We had not seen her since Thanksgiving so we were so ready! We celebrated Christmas with her and thats about where the fun ended!! Unfortunately, all 5 kids got a stomach flu! For most of her trip, we cleaned up puke and held sick babies!! God did give us a fun surprise though! Hannah and I took Mom to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory- it was literally the only time we left the house the whole time she was here! While we were eating, huge snow flakes began to fall! We came home to Dad already making "snow ice cream" and went out to play! That night we decided we had to build some snow men before it all melted! We had a blast playing in the snow, enjoying a fire outside, and drinking hot chocolate. My mom seriously had the most fun! It blessed me so much to see her playing with my kids in the snow and working to roll snowmen! We even made snow angels! Here are some pictures:


Can you believe this? I have never seen this in Texas!

Dad making snow ice cream and the "kids" enjoying it!

Having fun with my 2 oldest!
Rebekah (3) not having fun!! She doesnt like being cold like her Mom! Check out that face!

Mom and I about make our angels...so fun! I am stylin' in my husband's clothes, shoes, hat! Cute, huh?

My beautiful mother! She is amazing!

John and I with our snow couple!
The Mr. and Mrs....man that was some hard work!

We finished off the month with a last minute trip to our old lake house- which has still not sold! We camped out on sleeping bags ...it was roughin it for me let me tell ya!! For real, I am so not the camp out kinda girl so this was pushing it! :) While in Longview we got to visit with our Nana, had a visit from Grandpa Jesse, and got to hang out with the lovely Pelaia family and meet their newest addition! A few Teen Mania guys also came to have a little lake time and our dear friends, The Holloways, visited as well. We had a little cook out and played with confetti eggs! There was lots of catching up to do and so we went late into the night. Our families sat by the fire and roasted marshmallows. It was great getting to spend time with some our very best friends. Such a blessing to be with them again!
So the one kicker (besides the fact of the whole camping out thing for me) was that 4 of our kiddos got another 24 hour stomach bug! Throw up again!!! So we had a quick trip to the laundry mat. As we arrived my 4 yr old informed me of an accident in her pants. Yep, the big D! Oh the joys!

John coming after me with the confetti egg.....
Dad attacking and finally his defeat!



Hannah with Rachel and Allyson. Joseph and Ethan.

Joseph holding Bryson Pelaia!! Hannah with Bethany and Brittany!

We headed back to Dallas for our Easter service at church and then had a lunch in our home with some friends. Katie, Hannah and I had so much fun in the kitchen!!
Oh and all the Teen Mania guys...yea they all got the bug! Poor single guys...just not used to kid's germs!! :)

6 comments:

Laura Jo said...

that made me dizzy.

my brain is overwhelmed with all the pictures and whirlwind update. it's like I just got off the Titan.

and i love me some Titan.

The Brodines said...

Your family is so beautiful, Nicole. I love you guys so much. You are a constant blessing in my life and in the lives of many!

The Brodines said...

One more thing...tell your mom HI from me. She is so funny and I just have wonderful memories of her. She is awesome :)

js said...

Love the snow pics. Such a pretty family! Love and miss you. Let's meet soon.

Melissa Terry said...

What happened to the snow!?! It has given way to 90 degree temperatures! ahh! You guys should come cool off in our pool :)

Natasha said...

Your family looks so fun! This is sad but I did not know it snowed in Texas...