Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Changes

So much has changed since my last entry! Here is the beginning of a quick overview of the last 5 months of our life! Don't worry...I will only do a month at a time! :)


In December we moved from our home of 10 years to a new home in the DFW area. We felt like God began to plant seeds about Dallas in our hearts several years ago. This was unusual because since we had first gotten married, we loved our home and had NO desire for the big city. We lived on a lake with an amazing view and a gorgeous yard. Our home was great and also very sentimental to us! So much happened there - John proposed to me in our prayer room (our room over the water), we spent our honeymoon night there (yes…we wanted to!), we brought all 5 kids home from the hospital and John even baptized a ton of people there-my two little brothers included. Our memories there are precious! I say all of this to make the point- we were NOT looking to move! Yet God continued to speak about Dallas. The first thing we asked Him was to show us our church. We knew this decision was vital to the health of our family. He faithfully showed us both that Gateway would be our new church home - He even did it in a really special way for me but that is a whole other entry in itself!!

We then began looking at houses. We found one that seemed just perfect but it sold after a few months….and I was heartbroken. This was the house I wanted!! We were VERY ready to start our new season in Dallas and get involved in church. But His timing is perfect and so are His ways. He gave us a home that was less expensive, bigger and on more land. It by far surpassed the first house WE had wanted and it was one that I would have never dared to even ask for. He even made it to where our backyard looks onto open land with trees and horses!! YES…right here in Dallas! I know He did that especially for John!
*First night in, doing a jig the night in our new home the night we got in and our backyard!

At last... we moved!

*Sun breaking through as I turn on I-20, our awesome moving crew, John ready to go!

The next morning we attended Gateway for our first-we-are-finally-here-for-real-service! Our whole family literally cheered when we drove into the parking lot! Before we moved and while we waited on His timing (which seemed like forever!!), we watched Gateway live for several months (http://www.gatewaypeople.tv/) and then would drive up when we could. We joined the church in August and were ecstatic to finally be with our new church family 4 months later. It is an amazing church and I am so thankful to be a part! On the 31st, we were able to dedicate John Alexander in our new church home!

*John with his new Bible, dedicating our little man, the fam with Pastor Ed and his wife!

Our Christmas was extra special because we had specifically prayed that we would be in our new home for Christmas. While the tree and lights got up, ornaments did not!! But no one seemed to care. We were all just thankful to be in our new home and to finally be where He had called us!

Here are some more pictures from December…..

*Christmas PJ's, John on his rocking horse, Nutcracker with girls, me and my muffins on Christmas Eve.

5 comments:

The Brodines said...

So happy for you guys, Nicole! You look gorgeous...as always. Your family is growing so fast and they are all so beautiful. I was really sad to hear that you guys had moved to Dallas and that you were selling your home...it was like...oh that special house. I have lots of memories there too. It was a place of refuge and so much more wonderful memories...John baptized Carrie, you and I there too:) I was going to take Rebekah by when I was there helping my sister but we never got around to it. Have you guys sold it??
OK...got to go. I love you lots! I will call when we are in the Dallas area!

Michawn said...

Maybe ALL of us Life Challenge old schoolers could chip in and buy that special house. ;) Love you girl...so glad you are back to blogging and giving us great glimpses of your life. LOVE the pictures!

Nicole said...

OK...you two girls better stop!!I just read both of your comments to John and it made us sad! My heart gets heavy too when I think of it. It is really sad to see it all empty!! Let's get the LC fund going..it can be a vacation home for all! LOVE YOU BOTH...such precious memories of you two!

Melissa Terry said...

We would like to buy the dock since that's where we got engaged, k? I'm so glad you're back! It definitely spices up my late night nursing :) Love you!!

melissa h. said...

oh how excited i was to see a post!! i don't even know you as a "dallas family"!!! all i know is all the flashing memories of my 2 years of living at that little house on the lake. Oh the memories!! some of the best of my life! from the simple...helping hannah with baby sign language...baby sitting on "sonic" nights...making sure john didn't speak "texan"...sleeping in the living room with the fire when the power was out for days - - to - - LC parties...being baptized...family prayer times...watching the example of a powerful healthy marriage to model one day.

i miss you tons. love you!

melissa hinnant or...Sissa