Friday, August 24, 2007

My Mother-In-Love

Our Nana is seriously wonderful! I am very blessed to have such a kind and loving mother-in-love...yes not mother-in-law because she is much more than that! She is so thoughtful and giving and is always there for our family. Her creativity always makes our holidays so special. I am thankful she raised such an awesome man and always encouraged him that he could do anything. I am thankful and honored to be a part of the family!



Each year before school starts, all of her school aged granddaughters are privileged to have a special tea with their Nana. They get to dress up, bring their American Girl doll (her birthday gift to each one when they turn 4) and have loads of fun.

This year they met at Nana's house to eat dainty sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries and then watch the Sound Of Music. Nana even made them chocolate Eiffel Towers on a stick in honor of her recent trip to Europe!

This has become such a special tradition that Hannah always looks forward to. I know it will provide her with many fond memories of her Nana.


Thank you Connie for being such an amazing mother and Nana! We love you dearly!

5 comments:

Beth said...

How amazing is that?! She sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

that's SO great!!!! what a great experience for all the girls :)

The Brodines said...

Oh Nicole! How special that is and what a special mother in love you have ;) I love you!

js said...

What a cool idea! I love it.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

What an awesome MIL. Mine is out of state, so I'll try not to be too jealous!