Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Detour and a Bridesmaid-RV summer trip cont

After our delicious stop at the fruit farm, we made a small detour to the Santa Barbara area. One of my very dear friends of all times was heading to a graduation celebration at the Gainey Winery in Santa Ynez. It was not in our plans to go this way but my man made it happen. He knows how special Toni is to me so we re-routed and headed west. I have known Toni since high school and we have been through a lot together. High school, heartaches, college craziness and both coming to know the power and grace of our redeemer. She was one of my bridesmaids and to me, she is the picture of a sweet and gentle spirit. And have I mentioned that she is drop dead gorgeous? Well she is...both inside and out! We had a short visit, caught up a bit, shared lots of hugs and laughs. She got to meet my 2 littlest ones for the first time and made a special little bond with Rebekah. I wish it could've been longer but oh how sweet it was to see my Toni in person after 7 years!






0 comments: