Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Sarah Katherine



On Monday we celebrated Sarah's fifth birthday! She woke up so excited because let me tell you...we have been counting the days! We had a birthday breakfast and then opened up presents with the family. It was extra special because my grandparents and mom were in town so they got to celebrate with us! Sarah got many cool gifts but the one thing she has been asking for is a gold princess dress with a tiara. She loved it! This gift was significant because this last year we have had lots of talks of how great it is to be a girl! Sarah really looks up to her older brother and for a bit kept talking about how cool boys are because they are strong and have "cooler" toys. So after a few girl dates and lots of talks about how girls have to be strong ( I mean we give birth!!) and we are definitely cool....she has come around. She still loves to wrestle, sword fight and show off her karate skills that she has learned from her big brother. However, she was stunning in her dress! And she was loving every minute of getting to feel like a princess.


Dad came home, dropped his briefcase, bowed and began to dance with his princess. She was glowing and he made my heart melt! He is the best dad ever!

Sarah, you are so precious to me! I am honored and blessed to have you as my daughter. I love that you care for others and that you have a deep desire to learn and read. You amaze me with your passion to worship and to memorize scripture. I love that you call me pretty, precious, beautiful and most of all I love you just because you are you! You are one cool kid!


Sarah ignoring her breakfast to read her new book from Dad! She LOVES to read and has since she was a baby. This is why we call her "Books-a-Million!"


9 comments:

Melissa Terry said...

I love the new blog look! So sweet and sassy all in one fail swoop...well, that's usually your mode of operation anyways...

LOVE YOU!

The Brodines said...

She is so precious, Nicole! Happy birthday sweet princess :)

Anonymous said...

It's SO wonderful seeing Sarah become who God has destined her to be! She is the sweetest and most loving little girl! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! How are you? I'm so glad to get on here and see you updated! Are you as busy as I am? I would really love to get together.. let me know what your next few weeks look like! Tiff

Alessondra said...

Hi Nicole! I wasn't sure about your last name, but now I know and I love to read your blog. I love all the pics. You haven't aged a day! We still enjoy your name on our christmas tablecloth each year. It seems like yesterday. What have I been doing?! I am looking forward to reading more. XOXO Alessondra

js said...

Awww- makes me miss you all sooo much! She's beautiful. What a sweet, sweet blessing she is.

revel designs said...

What a special day! My baby will be turning 5 in a couple of weeks. I can't believe it! If she's getting older, that means I am, too! Your blog looks so cute. What a great family picture.Is that your great table? Good color! It was so nice to talk to you again tonight. I couldn't find you on Facebook. There are like 7 million Nicoles on there! Look me up, Cindy Willingham! and come visit my blog. http://randomrevelations.wordpress.com

Jenifer Davidson said...

so what about JOHN BDAY post? i expected you to update by now about him...you are so good at keeping up with all this.

Walking on High Hills said...

Just checking in to say Hola....!