Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dancing for Jesus

* This is an older post that I never put up! It happened back in the summer but better late than never!

Ever since Hannah was a little tot she has loved to dance! I know all babies like to bounce around to music, but she was different. Even at a young age, she was not just bouncing around but really dancing and doing it very well! Her little expressions and dance style would change with the type of music. When at the age of 2 she could barely walk because of some joint issues, we held onto a word that John recievied. The word was Hannah would dance before the Lord.

As the joint issues mostly cleared up, we enrolled her in ballet classes at the age of 4. She was so adorable and I can't tell you how many times people would comment on not just her ability but on how they were literally moved by watching her. Her love for Jesus and dance beamed through as she performed. John and I love to watch her just freestyle worship whenever we are at home. If music is on...she is dancing!

This past year at her recital, a pastor's wife of a local church asked if Hannah would do a solo for their Kids Worship week. We were so honored and thankful that her first solo ever was done in a church for Jesus. As usual, she was beautiful!

"Let them praise His name with dancing" Psalm 149:3


7 comments:

The Brodines said...

She is just so beautiful, Nicole. She looks so happy doing what she does too. What a joy!

Melissa Terry said...

The picture of her dancing as a toddler makes me tear up! Oh we had some good times at the NE-19, didn't we?

You have a whole clan of worshippers- what a gift!

We love you!

Michawn said...

How sweet...and she is beautiful. Beautiful with the radiance of Jesus.

js said...

She reminds me of her mom! She's just a precious girl. Love you all.

Walking on High Hills said...

She looks like my type of girl, A worshiper of the Lord, dancing for Jesus! Precious!!

Walking on High Hills said...

Hey Nicole, I'm more settled in.

Email me at txgallardo@yaho.com or

jgallardo@1scom.net.

I can give you my phone #.

We can connet - God willing.

We're going to The Met. Do you know where that is?

Suzi K said...

I have a lump in my throat what a sweet girl.