Thursday, August 28, 2008

Living Proof Live and The Siesta Fiesta

Last month, my mom and I went to see Beth Moore in San Antonio and had such an absolute blast! First of all, I LOVED getting to spend time with my Mom. We are very close and it was so much fun getting to have her all to myself for an extended period of time. We got to talk on the way there, spend the night in a nice hotel, and visit family too. The coolest part was getting to stand next to her as we worshipped Jesus! We also learned a ton and got into God's Word together. My Mom is amazing and a so much fun to be with. She is seriously one of my best friends! I am so thankful she went with me. It will be a memory I will forever cherish!

Second, Jesus, Beth and Travis Cottrell rocked my socks off! The worship was amazing. There is just nothing like worshipping Him with 10,000 other women! My Mom said it was like being in Heaven! Amazing! Beth taught on our inheritance as believers.

Psalm 16:5-6" Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!"

One of my nuggets from the weekend is not only is God and His presence part of my inheritance, but I am His. Wow!! God Himself sees me as His inheritance. Eph 1:18 "I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance." Also, that I am an heir of God and I can be secure. If I truly understand that I am an heiress, I don't need affirmation or acceptance from others. She told us that Satan uses insecurity to make us fools! SPEAK IT PLAIN SISTER! I just love Bethy! She is my all time favorite Bible teacher. She is so genuine and funny and just loves Him so passionately! I want to be her BFF! :)

Finally, I got to meet up with some of the blogging girls or SIESTAS at the first Siest Fiesta. We had a little gathering after the event with The Moore Girls and it was such a blast. They are all 3 so precious and hillarious. I also had the privledge of meeting some of the other Siestas in person! It was like a little blogging family reunion!

Here are a few pics from our weekend:


Tiffany and I

Patty, Kim and I-these girls were amazing! They volunteered their time and hard work to help make the Siesta Fiesta happen.

7 comments:

Michawn said...

That is so fun and cool. I love your mom too!!!! LOVE her...she cracks me up. Add your brothers to the mix...girl, we are laughing non-stop. But, anyhoo...

So cool you got to go to Beth Moore...stinkin' amazing. But, what is the Siesta Fiesta thing...what bloggers? Explain please. Does everyone else know this? I feel cut off from the world. :)

Love you sister.

js said...

That's sounds awesome! Tell me about this. What is the Siesta Fiesta?

Walking on High Hills said...

I'm sooo happy for you and sooo sad I had to miss that event!! It was so hard not to just go!! Oh, God has a greater Yes some where out there in regards to the siesta fiesta for me, but I'm so glad this was used to join us together dear long lost friend in Christ!!

I've not forgotten about you...Love, me!

Walking on High Hills said...

PS, Tag you're it.
Cut and paste and let me know if you've posted.

Melissa Terry said...

You know if I was within a 50 mile radius of Life Group that I would be there in a heart beat worshipping with the Gravey Train!

Laura Jo said...

in reference to Melissa's comment above, I shall refer you to the comment that I just left on her blog about her Normangee bible study.... I would just copy and paste it here and have you replace to words "rival bible study" with "rival life group"... and instead of "wind-surfing" they would take up "yo-yo'ing".. so, yeah I could copy and paste.. but this way, you have to work for it. so... click click click.

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I don't have your email saved in my account, so if I need to get in touch i'm leaving a comment, I am wanting to get a date on the calendar for a get together. Your very special to me I know we'll just have a blast! Fort Worth lunch?...Do you know of and fantastic places?